Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elishebakaren
Level 7

Roku Express not loading on TV when trying to get it started

When I hook up my Roku Express to the right HDMI channel, the screen goes to the dancing Roku logo screen, and then will go to the purple blank screen,  and then go back to the Dancing Roku logo screen. Any ideas/tips on how to fix this problem? Maybe my TV isn't compatible with Roku? It's a 26" Sanyo TV DP26649. Ive tried long for three months and it never goes past the Dancing Roku Logo. Help, please. 

And can we return Roku products to the store we bought them from if its past 3 months/get a refund from Roku? I would like to know. Thanks for the help in advance. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express not loading on TV when trying to get it started

Hi @elishebakaren,

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support team here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
elishebakaren
Level 7

Hi @RokuMary-F , 

I tried the steps from the link you sent. I even tried connecting the HDMI cable to both the DVI port and the regular HDMI port. But it's still not working. It's still on the blank purple screen and goes back to Roku dancing logo. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

If you're using the TV's USB port try using the supplied power adapter.

0 Kudos
elishebakaren
Level 7

Thank you for your reply @renojim 

I am using the supplied adapter. I am also using the supplied HDMI cable.  Still not working. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

The only other thing I could suggest is to try another USB power adapter like from a phone or tablet and maybe even a different HDMI cable if you have one..  Since it's only a few months old you might want to try a warranty return:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

0 Kudos