Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express+ not Loading - Blue Screen

One of my Roku Express+ devices is not working. All I see is a blue screen. I tried rebooting it by first pulling out the power cord to the device itself, and then also removing the power cord from the wall outlet behind the TV, but that didn't work. I still only see a solid blue screen. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express+ not Loading - Blue Screen

@rr2557 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same problem and have done a factory reset but still not working 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Traviscody8 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

When performing a factory reset, are you making sure to hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks, Danny. I am embarrassed to admit the issue was the TV was on the wrong input. I corrected and the Roku worked. 

0 Kudos