Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express loop restart with software update

@Estes814 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot to update and setup your device. Then once your device is setup, switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just bought a brand new Roku and am stuck in this endless software update loop. There is something wrong with the product when this happens right out of the box. This is my third Roku. The first two were simple and reliable. I'm not  tech-savvy and don't think that should be a requirement to set up a roku.

Annelie Wilde

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Wildegenes 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting step that I posted in my previous post?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same thing. Turned out it was a power supply problem. Plug it in to a USB plug min output 1.5A.

The supply from my TV gave me a blue light on the Roku but it was stuck in a reboot loop. I tried the restarting the Roku and wifi as suggested above without success. Plugging it in to a mains adaptor fixed the problem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos