Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KinCA
Level 7

Roku Express loaded without link code

When I was in the process of setting up my Roku Express today, it began to update channels and continued to set up my account without requiring a link code. Is everything secure with my account as a result?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Debbe
Level 7

Re: Roku Express loaded without link code

Same thing happened to me

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Yes, once you've linked the Roku to your user account, it will sync all channels your account has on any other Roku devices. But it won't have your user account info for channels that require authentication. So you'll still have to log into Netflix, Vudu, YouTube, etc. I believe Prime Video might be the only channel that has its credentials tied to your Roku account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

When setting up a new device, you should be prompted with a link code screen to activate your Roku device after you have downloaded the latest software and set the display type.

For more details regarding a typical set up flow for your Express you can visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® Express?

We would recommend factory resetting your device to reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup. For more information regarding how to perform a factory reset on your Roku device, you can visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos