Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trailblazer5
Level 7

Roku Express initial setup failure with Sony AVR

I have a Sony AV Receiver (SDR-DA4400ES) and an LG HDTV (LG55LH90) and connected a ROKU Express (3930R) streaming device to the AVR HDMI input.  I get video and sound and I get the “Let’s get Started” screen with the language choices.  

I selected “English” and the screen went blank and the ROKU screen saver and sound came on for a few seconds, then it went back to the “Let’s get Started”  screen and then immediately cycled back to the ROKU screen saver again.  It kept cycling between the ROKU screen saver with sound and the “Let’s get Started” screen not allowing a selection again.  I have tried re-booting the ROKU, the whole system, and resetting the ROKU with no change.

I returned my first ROKU Express to the retail store and received a new one.  The same thing happens with the new one. I looked on the ROKU website and clicked on the “Contact Us” link but that is a fake since they have no way of contacting them for advice.

Can anyone help or do I have to give up on the ROKU?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express initial setup failure with Sony AVR

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. We will do our best to try getting your device up and running.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trailblazer5
Level 7

Thank you for replying. I am late in getting back to you as I returned the second Roku from Best Buy and bought one from Amazon thinking it would be from a different batch.  I just installed the Amazon Roku and the same thing occurs.  I do get sound and picture but after the initial ok in selecting English it goes blank, then to large ROKU screen saver, then back to the language screen and then keeps cycling.

Could the problem be that I am connecting it to a HDMI input on the AV Receiver and not the TV?

[personal information removed] The serial number of the third Roku that I tried is S008298TFAGR and the Model is 3930R.

Thank you again,

Ed Wylonis

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the information that I have requested. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos