Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISU86
Level 7

Roku Express continually resetting

I've had my Express for less than a month. It worked fine, but then I moved it to a different room. It wouldn't get past the load screen to the home screen so I reset it (making sure to wait a full 30 seconds). Now it will get to the screen where you have to use the code to link the device to an account. I do that, but once it hits the screen where it loads the apps, it backs out again and I have to start over.

What is happening? Why does it keep reloading?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express continually resetting

@ISU86 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ISU86
Level 7

The provided power cord is literally 6" long. In no world would it reach far enough to be used in a wall outlet, which are almost always several feet away near the floor.

That being said, it is plugged into the wall outlet using one of the million other micro-USB cords I've accumulated over time. It's not being powered from the USB port on the TV.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ISU86 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos