Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vezek
Level 7

Roku Express bought in the UK to be used in Belgium

Jump to solution

Hi

I am planning to buy a Roku Express dongle in the UK to be used in Belgium. I can't seem to find a clear answer whether or not it will in Belgium particularly.

I'm mainly interested to link a Belgian Netflix account. I don't need any other services.

Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Express bought in the UK to be used in Belgium

Jump to solution
If Belgium is a country supported by Roku, there should be no issue with using a player purchased in the UK. The important thing is to register the Roku using an account that is based in Belgium, not anywhere else. When people have issues accessing the channels available for their locality, it's usually because the account was created in another area. Also be aware that sites like Netflix decide what devices can be used in a specific area, not Roku. Just because Netflix is available in Belgium does not mean that it's available on a Roku device. Netflix is the only place that can answer that question. But one of the Roku admins here should be able to tell you if Belgium is officially supported by Roku themselves. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution
If Belgium is a country supported by Roku, there should be no issue with using a player purchased in the UK. The important thing is to register the Roku using an account that is based in Belgium, not anywhere else. When people have issues accessing the channels available for their locality, it's usually because the account was created in another area. Also be aware that sites like Netflix decide what devices can be used in a specific area, not Roku. Just because Netflix is available in Belgium does not mean that it's available on a Roku device. Netflix is the only place that can answer that question. But one of the Roku admins here should be able to tell you if Belgium is officially supported by Roku themselves. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
vezek
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you for your reply. I cannot find a list of supported countries on the Roku website or anywhere else :-s

The only hint I have is that the remote control app on the Appstore is not available in Belgium but in France....
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
@vezek 

Contacting Netflix support would be the best way to get the most accurate information about their availability on the Roku platform in Belgium. https://help.netflix.com/en/

That being said, as far as I am aware, Netflix should work fine in that location. Many other channels and services may not be available though, as we don't currently sell or market devices there. We're always working on expanding our presence, and appreciate you sharing the interest!  

Hope that helps! 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos