Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Express Plus crashes after initial update

Some of us don't want a new TV because the old TV works fine. Smiley Happy I don't plan on getting a new TV until my CRT TV picture no longer works. Just because it's old isn't a reason to get rid of it. LOL

pronouns: she/her
Hello from Chicago, IL…on the land belonging to the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Peoria; Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi), Miami; and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) indigenous peoples.
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@sofakinghot 

Do you have a 3710/3910 that you are having an issue with?

0 Kudos
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

Both the Roku LE and the 3810X stick. The LE arrived today, the 3810X stopped working while I was watching a show last week. 

Hello from Chicago, IL…on the land belonging to the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Peoria; Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi), Miami; and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) indigenous peoples.
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@sofakinghot 

You should create new topic(s) (or post in a 3930/3810-specific thread) for them with the specifics issue(s) you are experiencing, since this thread involves the 3910 (Express+), not the LE (3930S3) or the SS+ (3810).

(You havent posted what specific issue(s) you are having in any of your posts in any thread)

0 Kudos
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

Actually, I have posted explicit info on several threads of my issues.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Sorry for being 2-4 months late, but my Roku Express+ 3910 still works flawlessly with my old TV set, after two years.  Bought it from Walmart online back in February 2020 when they still had it in stock (nowadays it’s no longer in stock).  My old TV set is a Magnavox (Philips subsidiary) TS2756-C102, which dates back to September 1994 — that’s basically almost 28 years old, and it has one composite input and an RF input on the back.  No joke!  And I’ve connected the Roku to the old set using the following, which are also old: Archer (Radio Shack house brand) 15-1956 A/V Switcher (dated April 1993) -> Sima CT1 Digital Video Copymaster (video signal conversion) -> Sharp VC-H870C HiFi Stereo VCR (dated June 1991).
Given that this thread is now about four months old, I wonder if @EdgeHM‘s Roku device is working on his old set now.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos