Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HJ5N
Level 7

Activation code

Jump to solution

During the process of installing Express+, once the software update is finished, the screen shows "ROKU" for 10 seconds and goes blank. Then, after getting the screen back, it continually repeats to "Let's get started". (very frustrating). How do I somehow acquire the activation code?

0 Kudos
chfreie
Level 7

ROKU WON't start start

Jump to solution

My roku express isn't starting up. Did all the set up and it added a bunch of channels but when it restarted it now flashes roku letters on the screen then goes black like it is crashing. tried unplugging power then plugging back in but didn't fix problem

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

Thanks for sending that information over. You'll need to be logged into the Community in order to send a private message. Then, click/tap on my username to view my user profile, and use the option on the righthand side of the page to 'Send this user a private message'. 

If you're still running into this issue, please let us know what make & model of TV you were connecting your Roku device to. We are continuing to look into this issue and this information is very helpful. I'll follow up directly from there to continue assisting you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
brenna1
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

As you may eventually see, I have since sent you a PM,  3 days ago.  When I hadn't gotten an answer I went through the return process and sent it back - at a cost of $13 for a device that I couldn't get support for.  I went to a local store to buy a different device, so that I could return it there if it didn't work.  I had no trouble with the set up for the new device.

0 Kudos