Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

I have tested my laptop on this TV in my truck, using the one and only HDMI port, with the HDMI cable included with the ROKU. I plugged it into my laptop and it works fine.

I haven't even been able to get to the setup menu on the Roku with this TV since the update, all it shows is the startup animation.

Can I please get some help with this issue??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TimeTorn 

Thanks for the information.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a power source? In some instances, the TV will not be able to provide enough power to the Roku device.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's powered via the included USB cable and power adapter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TimeTorn 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team to see if they can provide any additional assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I can't get to the serial number right now since it doesn't work on the TV in my truck and I have about 2500 miles to drive before I can stop at my house again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TimeTorn 

Thanks for the note.

You can also provide me with the serial/device ID that is on the Roku device itself.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I sent the PM..

It would be nice if we could get in touch directly with a customer support agent instead of being forced to answer 20 questions here on the public community support forum, then explain the whole issue all over again in a PM to you.

There still hasn't been any clear resolution to this apparently common issue posted to the forum. It always comes down to "send me a private message" after the power adapter and HDMI port/cable have been ruled out.

It would be nice if somebody could explain on here what the deal is so people who are experiencing the same issue can have some idea as to what are the options for fixing this, before they have to go through this whole rigamaroo.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TimeTorn 

Thanks for the post.

I have received your PM and have already passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New ruku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

I have an element tv. The screen lights up with roku and just goes blank after. I have restarted numerous times with the same results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New ruku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

@JessicaAdams 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV as well as trying to switch out the cable used to connect the Roku device?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos