Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New ruku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

@Foofighters 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV or switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging in your Roku device into another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku Express 3930R blank TV screen after initial startup.

Front LED light is on continuously.

Tried factory reset BUTTON several times to no avail.

Tried on a second TV.

My Roku Express + works fine on both TVs.

SO FRUSTRATING.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sinid 

Thanks for the post.

As my previous post states, please provide more insight of your issue by answering the following  questions:

How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter? Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV or switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is kind of you to reply RokuDanny,

The Roku Express is powered from the wall outlet with the Roku supplied USB cable and power adapter.

I exchanged the HDMI cable with the HDMI cable currently working on my Roku Express+ and both HDMI cables work on the Roku Express+.

I just tried inputting the Roku Express into both HDMI ports of the TV and I get no signal from each HDMI port.

I just tried powering off, for several minutes, and powering on the Roku Express.  Still no signal.

The white LED light on the front of the Roku Express stays on continuously.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sinid 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

I am having this exact seem sequence of events happen with my set up. It's very infuriating that there is no access to customer support. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Malmal,

RokuDanny is great. I'd bet he will respond to you pretty quickly and ask you to provide answers to the questions he's asked us.  See earlier threads.

Roku is now helping me via email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Malmal2887 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please be more specific with the issue that you are experiencing?

How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues as every one else and this is very frustrating. I purchased two Roku Express and have the same problem on both. I am ready to just return these devices and go back to Firestick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

No luck with the suggested fix. Setting my new Roku Express up on 8/18/20 link to AT&T modem seemed to work. Display "loading software do not power off." Screen is blank and only response from use of remote is a click - two types of click. Reset button and power disconnect both result in a bouncing "Roku" with some music, then blank again.

0 Kudos