Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

@zimmett 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue that you are experiencing? Can you provide screenshot of the issue that you see so we can better understand?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: solution Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

How do we personal message yoy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: solution Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

@Mateo55 

Thanks for the post. 

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Express setup issue

Jump to solution

This roku express+ I just bought is not setting up.  First it wouldn't accept my network password, so I changed it to a shorter one.  Now it won't get past the 2nd "connecting to local network" check.  I have never had problems like this with other devices.  The express+ MAC address shows up on my router and it has an assigned IP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express setup issue

Jump to solution

@geesh 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps outlined in our Support page here: How do I check the connection to my home network and the internet?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just received my Roku Express from the upgrade program and I'm having the same issue as everybody else. It updates, reboots, then goes blank. tried several times with same result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bfscrob 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can set up your device and then switching back to your home wireless network once you have updated your device.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos