Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: solution Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

My Roku is brand new when I connect everything it come on with the Roku letters bouncing like it’s gonna work and then there’s nothing but a blank screen and you can also hear sounds when you click the buttons 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

How can I do this if the screen is still blank can you guide me some how 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: solution Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

I left mine on for 24 hours and when I came back to it, it was working. Give it some time to update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue - Roku Express straight out the box and starts up but crashes after doing updates - will not restart.  Have tried different TVs, power sources, HDMI cables but it's the same on all of them.  I've tried to reset numerous times.  Seems like this is a common problem - is there a proper solution apart?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

After not being able to get past the initial software update (and trying different HDMI cables and different power sources) I tried the 15 second factory reset. Now it will not turn on (the light blinks on and off). I am very disappointed with this product right now. (Model:3930X SNSmiley Frustrated008303R2J9V)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@KDjr 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New roku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

Hello,

Everything seemed to be great then updates, played music, played music when I said RCA TV then upper right hand corner said something about a Spanish language channel (I did not request) then blank screen. I never got a link code.   Device ID (from box) 215040304060

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New roku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

@dev1 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cables and adapter?

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device to see if that allows you to activate and setup your device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New ruku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

3900 r roku wont display after takeing it to a friends and they didnt even have HDMI comparability so I never even pluged it in went home and nothing black scree light is on roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New ruku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

@Foofighters 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV or switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging in your Roku device into another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos