Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New ruku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

@SueW11 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can set up your device and then switching back to your home wireless network once you have updated your device.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you, Daniel.  I will try this tonight and let you know if it works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

unfortunately, I tried your suggestions but they did not work.  Initially I get the flashing Roku logo but then black screen.  Please note, I don’t think this has anything to do with the Internet as it did initially indicate that it was uploading or downloading the software and not to shut it off.  

I may have to return this unit and get something else unless you have any other suggestions.  It certainly appears as though I am only one of many people having the same problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem setting up a brand new Roku express tonight-blank screen after initial steps and update. Tried all above suggestions. Any new solutions? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately no, and never got a follow-up response from Daniel here in the community.  Roku is unavailable via phone, and I haven’t even been able to find an email to contact them that way.  After investigating a little further, it looks as though if you have an older model television, it may not work. I am returning mine.  Wish I had better news for you.  Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bk53098 @SueW11 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: ROKU WON't start start

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried numerous avenues of support with no success with any of them. I plan to return mine and get my money back and no more chances. I've gone thru this twice with no good results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

Same exact problem.  Pressing the factory reset doesn’t work.  Did it with hdmi cord in and out.  Keeps going back to black screen.  The Roku blinks one long blink then one fast one.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ttdrew65 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried all that but still a cannot get home page got code to work but still cannot gethome page to work.

0 Kudos