Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: solution Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

No way--I'm not wasting any more time on this--you are so inconsiderate.  Two devices have bricked upon software updates, the original and your replacement--this is such a waste of time.  Either send me a different model device or I'm buying a Apple TV or something and cancelling my ROKU account. 

This customer service experience is horrible.  This product is defective.

DON'T BUY AN EXPRESS.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

How do I find a link code

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

The fix didn’t work for me and since the situation. I can’t return it. Great! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

Your link code will show after you have gone through regular set up it will show you on your tv screen all you have to do is grab that code that shows on your screen and entered on Roku web you will have to create an account for it 🧐

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Express won't restart after update

Jump to solution

I followed the quick start guide. Message showed it was going to upload the latest software then the screen goes black. 

I just bought this 2 hours ago. 

I have attempted to reset my roku device and it wont reset. 

My tv wont acknowledge that I have a device plugged in to my hdmi. I have tried plugging it into the other outputs and still wont work

I dont have another tv to plug the roku into. 

What do I do at this point? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

@cmiller9 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please specify the issue that you are experiencing? What were you doing and what have you done to troubleshoot the issue?

Once we have that information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sunshine848 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please make sure when trying to performing a factory reset on your device, you hold and press down the reset button on the back of your device for 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on the screen.

How are you powering the device, is it plugged into the TV USB port or plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cables and adapter?

If you are still experiencing issues after these troubleshooting steps, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I am cancelling my ROKU account next week if my ticket support request #3478616 is not resolved.

Roku agreed my Express was not working because ALL OF THESE have an internal radio issue.  Roku agreed to send me a streaming stick both over the phone and in an email sent to me on April 6th BUT I STILL HAVE NOT received any shipping confirmation as promised.

This is just one more horrible experience I have had since purchases one of these defunct Express devices.

Roku treats its customers like garbage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@djdjk 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team so they can follow up with you regarding your case.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New ruku express tv screen goes blank after update restart

Jump to solution

I have an older model Sharp Aquos. I just bought a Roku express. And when trying to set up after it uploads the Internet, it goes blank.  If I unplug and then we plug in the Roku power, it comes up with the Roku logo and then goes blank again.  If you want me to DM you my email, how do I access the DM in this forum? Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos