Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

Jump to solution

Is this same issue still ongoing or have Roku now found a definite fix for the above issue!? Just purchased a new Roku Express and experienced this setup issue and performed the steps as directed above for the suggested fix above. Still the issue persists, nothing appears to rectify it. Extremely disappointed and dissatisfied to say the least!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wireless connection

Jump to solution

PLEASE HELP IM TRYING TO SET UP MY NEW ROKU EXPRESS+ AND IT KEEPS SAYING"unable to update software

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Gbrown2020 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please provide us with more details regarding the issue that you are experiencing? What are you seeing and what have you tried to troubleshoot the issue?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

ROKU, stop lying to us—everyone here is perfectly clear on the issue with the Express.

It “bricks” after updating firmware during initial setup, is stuck on the bouncing ROKU logo thereafter, and will not reset and re-set up no matter how many times you trigger the reset button on the back.  It just goes back to the bouncing ROKU logo over and over again.

Give us new devices.  Stop playing stupid.

Why would any one buy another ROKU product again after this experience?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wireless connection

Jump to solution

@Sherece 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot to see if you can update and setup your device.

You might also try using a different micro-USB cable and/or wall power adapter to power your device. 

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tanner,

I’m having this same problem. I even returned one Roku express and the same problem is happening with the new one out of the box. I did the factory reset and it’s still showing the logo for a few seconds then the screen goes black. Please assist. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Drew09sa  Thanks for the note. Here are a couple other things to try and see if they help resolve the issue. 

- Try using a different micro-USB cable and wall power adapter to power your device, such as one from a mobile phone. 

- Connect the device to a different HDMI port on the TV, or try using a different HDMI cable. 

- To test further, try connecting your device to a different TV or display. Is the behavior you're seeing the same? 

Keep us posted from there and we'll see how else we can assist. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express - Not Displaying On Screen During Setup / After Updating

Jump to solution

i am currently having this issue. ordered through marlboro this is the second one from them, no issues with the first one. not sure if my tv is to old or what! tried the reset held for more than 30 sec.....still got nothing. dont have another tv to try it on. any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

These devices DO NOT WORK.  Roku is stalling and not sending us new devices.  Bad company.

I've tried every single one of these "solutions" and none work because the problem is that these devices "brick" while setting up after downloading the update.  They will not work.  They are broken.  

Roku referred me to support over a week ago and still no one has helped me or sent a new device.

The only solution:  stop buying Roku products.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@djdjk  We're sorry to hear about this issue you are running into. We apologize for the experience—that is certainly not the case. We have been experiencing high volume due to the impact on our support teams by the global COIVD pandemic. We're trying our best to work through this difficult time, and apologize for any delays. 

Have you received an email from our support team? Have you tried following up directly to ask for a status update? I will follow up to request they attempt to contact you again. 

Thanks,

Tanner