Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express (Model 3900x) - Suddenly no power/signal

Jump to solution

@pimandi 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joe23

Jump to solution

So what was the solution? Do we just message the Danny on this thread or what? Same issue with the same device

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Joe23 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
P-nej

Jump to solution

I also just developed the same issue with the Roku Express - 3900X, Also no light and mine tells me that it is connected but that my source is low (speeds are good though; my internet company and I tested it) When I try to "connect anyway" it says it can't

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@P-nej 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing as well as specifying the issue you are seeing? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I was watching TV and suddenly no signal came up on the TV.  My Roku device white light was not lit up.  I have tried everything to get it to work.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kitchendiva1, are you using the supplied power adapter?  Do you have another one from a phone or tablet you can try?  If the light isn't on then either the device itself has died or the power adapter has died.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Valsmil
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have same problem..tried reset, USB to tv shuts off tv, tried different HDMI, How do u reply to Danny ? What was solution?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Valsmil

Thanks for the post.

Could you clarify to us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Valsmil
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had same problem 3930 express must overheated from being on all time plugged in, it was only 7 months old and would cost more to ship back so just bought another

0 Kudos