Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edpaffsr
Visitor

Roku Express HDMI to component converter

According to the Roku Express spec, the HDMI output is v1.4 and I can't seem to find an HDMI to component converter that supports this. Some of the converters I've found explicitly state v1.3 support and others don't seem to specify anything. Is anyone using an HDMI to component converter with a Roku Express device?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku Express HDMI to component converter

I'm not using a converter, but my guess would be they explicitly state supporting 1.3 because it's so old at this point, a quick google shows it was released in 2006, even 1.4 is a decade old now so it would be surprising if it wasn't supported and they just don't feel the need to mention it since it's a given.
0 Kudos
edpaffsr
Visitor

"ghb51" wrote:
I'm not using a converter, but my guess would be they explicitly state supporting 1.3 because it's so old at this point, a quick google shows it was released in 2006, even 1.4 is a decade old now so it would be surprising if it wasn't supported and they just don't feel the need to mention it since it's a given.

thanks for the feedback
0 Kudos
njstol01

~BUMP~

I'm attempting to do the same- convert the HDMI output for an express to component inputs on an old Magnavox HDTV and am worried about the same before buying one of these convertors off Amazon or ebay.

0 Kudos