Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express Fails to start, just has bouncing logo

Jump to solution

@djdjk 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. Please continue to work with them to try to resolve your issue so we can try to get you up and streaming!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express Fails to start, just has bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I just bought Roku SE (Walmart Exclusive) last week. Was having horrible issues with it restarting randomly. Sometimes it would keep restarting as soon as turned on and just bounce the Roku emblem and other times it would let me get to the home screen and then restart. It would also let me get further and select a show from Netflix and then immediately restart. Others times it would let me start to watch the show then restart. Randomly it would let me watch an entire episode then restart. Was losing my mind trying to figure it out, tried all the resets, reboot, swap HDMI cables all to no avail. I finally tried to power the unit from the wall outlet and it seems to be working fine now. I previously had it powered by USB plugged into the TV. Will update if it messes up again but it has been working fine since powering from wall outlet. Hope this helps someone because I was about to return this thing and never go Roku again. You wouldn't expect such troubles with a brand new product. Terrible time contacting Roku support. Obviously the situation is causing issues with them answering phones and live chat so they say to email but I have yet to find the email anywhere. If it is on the site anywhere they def don't want you to find it! All roads in the support lead to FAQ's and other people complaining about the same issues. Clearly Roku needs to step and and figure this out. Hope this one continues to work but I doubt I would buy Roku again.  

0 Kudos