Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express Fails to start, just has bouncing logo

Jump to solution

@djdjk 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. Please continue to work with them to try to resolve your issue so we can try to get you up and streaming!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just bought Roku SE (Walmart Exclusive) last week. Was having horrible issues with it restarting randomly. Sometimes it would keep restarting as soon as turned on and just bounce the Roku emblem and other times it would let me get to the home screen and then restart. It would also let me get further and select a show from Netflix and then immediately restart. Others times it would let me start to watch the show then restart. Randomly it would let me watch an entire episode then restart. Was losing my mind trying to figure it out, tried all the resets, reboot, swap HDMI cables all to no avail. I finally tried to power the unit from the wall outlet and it seems to be working fine now. I previously had it powered by USB plugged into the TV. Will update if it messes up again but it has been working fine since powering from wall outlet. Hope this helps someone because I was about to return this thing and never go Roku again. You wouldn't expect such troubles with a brand new product. Terrible time contacting Roku support. Obviously the situation is causing issues with them answering phones and live chat so they say to email but I have yet to find the email anywhere. If it is on the site anywhere they def don't want you to find it! All roads in the support lead to FAQ's and other people complaining about the same issues. Clearly Roku needs to step and and figure this out. Hope this one continues to work but I doubt I would buy Roku again.  

0 Kudos
jennaprock

Jump to solution

RokuDanny, are you able to help when all other troubleshooting has failed? Very frustrated and never able to use brand new Roku..that dang bouncing screen!!

0 Kudos
Baal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

By the looks of it,it's not possible,i bought mine this morning and it just keeps going back to the "Lets get started" screen, my roku tv works great so i thought i would buy the express for a different tv,i won't make that mistake again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jennaprock @Baal 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What are you doing before you see the Roku bouncing screen? Have you tried to perform a factory reset on your device? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

With more specific information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Baal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I returned the Express to Walmart(I am a Walmart employee) and bought the Streaming Stick+ and i am having the exact same issue
as with the Express.

Here how it went:
"Lets get started' screen
1. I select English
2.It selects my hotspot and connects no problem.
3. It finds and downloads the software update.
4 It restarts and boots to the bouncing logo screen,
it does this 3 or 4 times.
5.It goes directly back to the "lets get started" screen and 
6. It does this over and over and over again,attempt after attempt after attempt,
it is very frustrating considering i have a TCL Roku tv and it works great.

Ba'al

I tried to respond via the forum but i got an unexpected error everytime.

I also tried to reply to your email with this info and received no response.

0 Kudos
Baal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is really starting to get comical, i posted a three hours ago listing my issues,the exact same as everyone else but now it's gone,i returned the Express and bought the Streaming Stick + with the exact same issues,i was going to give Roku another chance but now i am done,Amazon Fire stick here i come.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Baal 

Thanks for the post.

If you have tried to activate mutiple Roku devices and are running into the same issue, this would lead to the conclusion that the issue is with your internet connection.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, to see if you can activate and setup up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your original network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ms6
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express keeps bouncing back to Let's Get Started Screen

Jump to solution
Here how it went:
"Lets get started' screen
1. I select English
2.I go through the process of choosing my network (Which I've restarted countless times and which is connected to all desktop computers, lap tops, and Chromebooks and my ROKU TV in the basement
3.  I get the message unable to connect to wireless network
4.It goes directly back to the "lets get started" screen and 
6. It does this over and over and over again,attempt after attempt after attempt,
it is very frustrating considering i have a Magnavox  Roku TV and it works great.  The TV that I'm trying to connect the Roku to is also a Magnavox
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express keeps bouncing back to Let's Get Started Screen

Jump to solution

@ms6 

Thanks for the information in your post.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and finish setting up your Roku TV. Then once your Roku TV has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos