Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Express Stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

image.jpg

image.jpg

Roku Ultra Stuck on bouncing logo, I’ve tried resetting it for 30 seconds and nothing at all . I bought this about one month ago please help #rokuexpress 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express Stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

@Butterfly1997 

Thanks for the post.

If you have already tried to perform a factory reset on your Roku device and are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rsh678

Rolu 3 stuck at bouncing screen

Jump to solution

My Roku 3 is stuck on the bouncing Roku logo.  I read previous posts that mentioned the SD card as being the issue.  I have never put an SD card in my Roku so that is not the problem.  I have tried unplugging it for hours, rebooting it with the little reboot hole in the back for 30 seconds, tried different TVs, different cables, different power cords.  Nothing helps.  Any suggestions?  I may have put a memory stick in it just before this happened so I tried putting the memory stick in, then removing it and rebooting.  Didn't help.  I have multiple Rokus that I have been moving around so not sure if this was one of the ones I used the memory stick with.  The others are fine.  Any suggestions other than the SD card suggestion?  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rolu 3 stuck at bouncing screen

Jump to solution

If you've done all of that, and it's still stuck on the boot screen, it has likely suffered an internal failure. There's two different versions of the Roku 3, with one released in 2013 and the other in 2015. If the remote does not have voice search, then it's the older one.

While the Roku 3 is still a supported device, it is getting old and lacking in overall performance. It might be worthwhile to simply replace it. You could try the factory reset one more time by holding the button in for more than 30 seconds. Even one second less and it might not have reset correctly. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MJBC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve read through this thread and tried all of it.  My new Roku express just keeps rolling the Roku logo. The activation screen has never come up.

please help! I want to continue loving Roku and recommending g it to my friends and colleagues.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MJBC 

Thanks for the post.

How are you are powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJBC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just unplugged and rep lugged into wall power. Now, at least LETS GET STARTED SCREEN appears but nothing  registers when I press OK for English.and I can’t register.

model:3930X

sn: 50082074l W32

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Make sure the remote is working by using the camera on your phone.  When you point the remote at the camera and press a button you should see a flash of light.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MJBC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!  I think that was the problem. I reloaded remote batteries and now it all works!!!!

0 Kudos
Kales

Roku express was stuck on bouncing screen page

Jump to solution

Plugged in our new Roku express and it won’t leave the screen saver page (the one that says ROKU, with the letters bouncing and the beeping). The “select a language” Comes up briefly but not long enough to press a language and we are just stuck here. It’s like a circuit that just keeps repeating. I’ve looked at the instructions. I’ve reset it at the back, help!!! 

0 Kudos