Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djdjk
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express Fails to start, just has bouncing logo

Jump to solution

I just messaged you--I read through these forums and people complain you do not return messages.  Either replace it today, and everyone else's too, or I am NEVER getting another ROKU product and will tell every person I know NEVER to buy a Roku product.

The EXPRESS does not work!!!!  REPLACE THEM!!!!

SWise
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  how do I send you a pm?  I don’t see an option for that here. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SWise 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For information about how to send a private message (PM) visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djdjk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I pm'd you a while ago and STILL have not heard back???

0 Kudos
troy0950

Jump to solution

This did it.  Changed the wall plug usb charger and it started working.  Thanks

problems
Binge Watcher

solution Re: Roku Express Fails to start, just has bouncing logo

Jump to solution

The solution is to stop buying / selling the Express. I wasted weeks troubleshooting, returning and trying different devices, etc. The model that looks like a big memory stick works fine. It costs more, but works as it should. ROKU should realize this and should be telling this to folks with the problem, I reported this resolution weeks ago.

problems
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The solution is to stop buying / selling the Express. I wasted weeks troubleshooting, returning and trying different devices, etc. The model that looks like a big memory stick works fine. It costs more, but works as it should. ROKU should realize this and should be telling this to folks with the problem, I reported this resolution weeks ago.

allmons
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine has the same issue. Went into network settings to set up wireless - it shows it is receiving the signal, connected, secured - then will NOT show anything but that stupid bouncing logo! Tells me it is NOT connected to the internet, even though I just connected and received confirmation! This is no way to run a business. Guess I will stream on my BluRay player - it works always!

allmons
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! Mine has worked great for more than 1 year, so I find it frustrating it suddenly acted up!

0 Kudos
djdjk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I received a replacement Express from ROKU today and it did the same thing and bricked and stopped working after the software update.

Don't tell me to check the wires, the tv, the wifi, the power supply--the Express does not work and bricks after doing the software update.  I asked to be sent a different Roku device and you did not and its the SAME PROBLEM.  I am no longer buying ROKU.

This sucks, you have completely wasted my time and money.