Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlie123

Roku Express Fails to start, just has bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Received a brand new Roku Express today.  It connected to internet okay, downloaded and installed updates, then just sits at startup screen with bouncing logo and goes no further.

I have done hard reset using button on back and it makes no difference.  Guess its refund time and buy a Fire Stick, I know they work.  What a waste of time and money!

Seems like this problem is VERY common, where is the support and fix???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SC69
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Fails to start, just has bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Ok, so I didn't think this could be the issue but it was. The usb adapter I was using was 1 amp, which should be sufficient but it appears to have degraded. I used a new 1  amp adapter and hey presto! Tried the old one again and... Bounce. Worth a try if you're having this problem.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
SC69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine has started to do the same, support for this issue by Roku is woeful, they must be sending out **bleep** units, the customer has become the QA for this company, they need to get their act together.

Oscar2

Jump to solution

Esta compañía no resuelve nada a los clientes solo rebota con la pantalla esto es robo vendiendo equipo con mal funcionamiento

@SC69 wrote:

Mine has started to do the same, support for this issue by Roku is woeful, they must be sending out **bleep** units, the customer has become the QA for this company, they need to get their act together.

SC69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, so I didn't think this could be the issue but it was. The usb adapter I was using was 1 amp, which should be sufficient but it appears to have degraded. I used a new 1  amp adapter and hey presto! Tried the old one again and... Bounce. Worth a try if you're having this problem.

jd22

Jump to solution

Yes , I just get bounced back to the "Lets get Started " screen. This device doesn't work, and sadly there is no customer service, so they don't even care. I'm bringing it back tomorrow. Horrible product, horrible company with no slight attempt to help a potential customer!

0 Kudos
djdjk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem--same horrible ROKU and BEST BUY non existent customer service.  

If you are thinking about buying another ROKU product, don't.

While setting up, the Express will download software and update, restart, and then freeze over and over again at the bouncing ROKU start up logo--pushing the reset button on the back does not help because it just resets back to the ROKU bouncing logo and does not restart. 

THESE ARE BROKEN.

The only fix is for ROKU to send us new products and it is not.  It won't even acknowledge it sold garbage.  

This is my last Roku, going to buy an Apple TV.  This is a horrible product and horrible service. 

SWise
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue and have not been able to get any support.  I can’t return it because stores here are closed to walk in customers. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@djdjk @SWise 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot when first connecting and trying to set up your device.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djdjk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have done all that it still doesn’t work—it is bricked!!!!

Please stop treating us like we are stupid and please stop delaying—replace our devices now or I can’t see anyone ever buying another ROKU product again!! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@djdjk 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator