Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristieMumm
Level 7

Roku Express Died Today :-(

Jump to solution

Well, out of nowhere my Roku started saying thay the usb power on my TV must not be enough to power it (not plugged into the TV usb but into the usb adapter and an outlet) AND also simply stopped picking up the wifi. No other devices in my home are having trouble with the wifi, we get over 100 mb download speeds so that’s never been a problem before. I tried unplugging the power adapter, using a different (brand new Apple adapter) and another usb cord (one that works fine on other devices) and also tested the Roku cord and adapter. Nothing seems to work and now our 6 month old Roku is garbage. Please advise, I am really disappointed and angry that I didn’t just get an Apple TV like I originally wanted. I guess you get what you pay for, sadly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Express Died Today :-(

Jump to solution

@ChristieMumm 

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Roku player! Please feel free to send us a private message with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. We'll have a member of our support team follow up directly to see how we can assist you further! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 11

Jump to solution

Did you try a cpmplete reset of your unit?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

[link edited]

Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
By the way, a quick Google search of "Apple TV died" will show that Apple devices are not immune to early deaths..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@ChristieMumm 

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Roku player! Please feel free to send us a private message with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. We'll have a member of our support team follow up directly to see how we can assist you further! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos