Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChristieMumm
Level 7

Roku Express Died Today :-(

Jump to solution

Well, out of nowhere my Roku started saying thay the usb power on my TV must not be enough to power it (not plugged into the TV usb but into the usb adapter and an outlet) AND also simply stopped picking up the wifi. No other devices in my home are having trouble with the wifi, we get over 100 mb download speeds so that’s never been a problem before. I tried unplugging the power adapter, using a different (brand new Apple adapter) and another usb cord (one that works fine on other devices) and also tested the Roku cord and adapter. Nothing seems to work and now our 6 month old Roku is garbage. Please advise, I am really disappointed and angry that I didn’t just get an Apple TV like I originally wanted. I guess you get what you pay for, sadly.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Express Died Today :-(

Jump to solution

@ChristieMumm 

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Roku player! Please feel free to send us a private message with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. We'll have a member of our support team follow up directly to see how we can assist you further! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
makaiguy
Level 12

Jump to solution

Did you try a cpmplete reset of your unit?

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

[link edited]

Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
By the way, a quick Google search of "Apple TV died" will show that Apple devices are not immune to early deaths..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@ChristieMumm 

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Roku player! Please feel free to send us a private message with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. We'll have a member of our support team follow up directly to see how we can assist you further! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sand
Level 7

Jump to solution

This just happened to me! Mine is showing no connections to any WiFi, even though there is WiFi available. I tried the press home 5 times, forward, play, backwards button combo & reset my wireless pings, but that didn't help. I also noticed that the Roku device overheats even when not in use. I unplugged the device & let it cool down, thinking that would help, but it did not. I just bought mine about a month ago! This is ridiculous. @RokuTannerD Can you help me too???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bambitheman
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku Express has died. Not completely it'll power on, but tells me it's got low power plugged into the wall socket using the original Roku USB adapter and original cable. So I tried a factory reset. Power problem solved. Only now it cannot detect a wireless network so it would appear I am now the owner of a doorstop. I cannot get past the wireless setup screen to find any serial numbers etc 

This is the second Roku Express that's gone on the blink. As I am outside the sellers return period EU law states ROKU are responsible for fixing... So. Come on Roku. FIX IT

ROKU are liable to make good... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bambitheman 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bambitheman
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Bambitheman 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny, can I seriously suggest that you actually read my post before replying with a bull**bleep** proforma response. 

It does nothing to actually instill any faith that Roku are nothing but a bunch of charlatans who make **bleep** product.

When you've actually read what I posted, summary of which is that due to the wireless card borking and not picking up WiFi I cannot get past the wireless setup screen to get to any serial numbers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bambitheman 

Thanks for the note.

We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Marianne63
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ditto here. Same issues. Low battery comments and very poor streaming quality. Stick is only 1.5 years old. Regret sincerely giving my apple tv to a friend. 8 years old and still in flawless working condition. Yes you get what you pay for

0 Kudos