Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKS442
Level 7

Roku Express Can't Get Past Activation Code. Have tried everything suggested on Community

I just bought a Roku express, I've been having issues with almost every part of setup however I finally got to the activation screen where a code is to appear. The loading symbol just keeps going and a screen that says activation issue pops up. I've tried multiple times to get a new code, I've tried doing a factory reset on the roku, I've tried rebooting the roku and my internet router and I've also tried using a different wireless network. None of these things have worked and those are the only things I've found suggested on the community.

Does anyone know of anything else?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Can't Get Past Activation Code. Have tried everything suggested on Community

The only other thing is to use your phone as a hotspot if possible, but that's about the same thing as trying a different network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos