Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grunk

Roku Compatible with 2014 LG TV - model no. 42LB5600-UZ?

Jump to solution

Hi I just got this T.V. from a family member so I don’t know if it’s a “smart lg tv” or something but I was thinking of purchasing a Roku. I’m unsure if it will be compatible to such an old tv though. It has a USB port on the back so I’m thinking it will unless Roku has decided to not support tv’s older than a certain year. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: 2014 LG TV - model no. 42LB5600-UZ

Jump to solution

Whatever Roku you get will work with the TV regardless of whether the TV is "Smart" or not.

To be clear, the Roku uses an HDMI port for its audio/video connection to the TV, and you would NOT want to use the USB port to power the Roku - it wont have enough power (use the supplied USB AC adapter).

I recommend the $30 Express 4K+ (3941) due to its dual-band WiFi, USB ethernet options, Voice Remote, and 4K/HDR capability.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Whatever Roku you get will work with the TV regardless of whether the TV is "Smart" or not.

To be clear, the Roku uses an HDMI port for its audio/video connection to the TV, and you would NOT want to use the USB port to power the Roku - it wont have enough power (use the supplied USB AC adapter).

I recommend the $30 Express 4K+ (3941) due to its dual-band WiFi, USB ethernet options, Voice Remote, and 4K/HDR capability.

0 Kudos
scrawfpicklebal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

LG 47le5400 tv will not work with premier or any roku device..... hdmi selected but will not initialize....thoughts

0 Kudos