Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynneng
Level 7

Roku Auto Resetting

I have had my Ultra Roku for a few years now, this am I turn my Tv on to use my Roku and it was like the Roku had reset itself. I directed me to set up my wireless connection, which I did, then some auto detect, which I did then it comes to a screen directing me to Ruku.com/link where it directs you to enter the code from your screen. I enter the code, click submit, it pops up a screen saying Congratulations your almost done then direct you to call a number. Is this a scam? Why did it reset and how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Auto Resetting

I don't know why your Roku reset itself, but I've seen other reports of it happening.  If you see a phone number on a "Roku" website, it is almost certainly a scam!!!  Run far, run fast!  You did not go to the genuine Roku website (you accepted a search result).  If you "logged in" on the scammers website immediately go to https://my.roku.com and change your password.  Use that same website to relink your device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Auto Resetting

@Lynneng 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter?

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device and linking it back to your Roku account.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset and link a Roku device to your Roku account, visit our Support pages here:
How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?
How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sparmar
Level 7

Re: Roku Auto Resetting after turning off tv

I have similar issue too. I got my roku stick in april 2021. So far I have been seeing so many issues with that. I have powered it through usb of tv itself. After i turn off tv using roku remote if I turn on immediately it works but if I do next day it resets my roku and asks me to setup everything again by asking for internet password then my email id etc.

What should I do to stop this?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Auto Resetting after turning off tv

@sparmar, try using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos