Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCoullahan
Level 7

Roku Access on I-Pad

Jump to solution

Have Roku express on Samsung Smart TV HDMI port.  Trying to get access to our account on I-Pad within same wireless network.  Does not seem to show all subscriptions and the screen layouts are significantly different.  Do I need to install the stick on the I-Pad directly?  Very bizarre.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 16

Re: Roku Access on I-Pad

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
Strega
Level 16

Jump to solution

Do you mean you're trying to log in to your account at roku.com to manage your billing etc.?

0 Kudos
RCoullahan
Level 7

Jump to solution

No, just trying to provide my wife access to watch movies and series on her I-Pad in the several monthly subscriptions we have.  When we use Samsung TV the options include our Amazon prime subscription and many more, yet when we log in via the I-Pad only two subscriptions paper and the options screens are quite different.  I know I successfully logged in on the second device because I can see at least two of the subscriptions.  I am not trying to confirm account setting on the second device, I d that on my laptop via website when needed.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RCoullahan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Typo in my reply  paper = appear.  Apologies.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

Jump to solution

You can watch the Roku channel on your ipad, but that's only one of the things on your Roku device.  You'll have to make other arrangements to get other things on an iPad.

0 Kudos
RCoullahan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Other arrangements means what in this case?  More Roku hardware or some new app?  

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

Jump to solution

Either - although I don't believe there is anything that functions as an HDMI input on the iPad, so if getting stuff on the iPad screen is the goal, you'd be looking in the Apple app store for (for example) an HBOMax app or whatever you're looking for.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

Jump to solution

This is probably what you want for Amazon: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/amazon-prime-video/id545519333

0 Kudos
RCoullahan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. So much for "convenience" and mobility.  I appreciate your help in the absence of any professional support from Roku the corporation.  I cannot believe there is no call center support for their products.  The world is a beta test cohort I guess.  Appreciated 

0 Kudos