Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joeyjacobs27
Level 7

Roku 3m projector on constant update loop

So I’ve looked at all the related topics and tried everything but I cannot manage to get my 3m Roku projector to work. It used to work beautifully but at some point it just stopped working correctly, and now each time I turn it on, I choose a language, choose a network and then it says it needs a new update and it just resets and does the same thing over and over. The stick says that it is a 3400x model.

4 REPLIES 4\
hkechung
Level 7

Re: Roku 3m projector on constant update loop

same problem..

I am still on 6.xx and each time it download the 9.xx and reboot..

upgrade fail, I guess.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@hkechung 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Masterz01d
Level 7

I have the same problem  with a 3400x Roku streaming stick on a 3M projector (MHL Port).

It connects succesfuly to WiFi and internet, downloads the update  and restarts. But instead of confirming the activation code, the process starts again with language selection and again and again.

Please help!

0 Kudos
lukejr
Level 7

I had the same issue, need to buy a new Roku as the stick that came with the projector is no longer supported. I got a Streambar and works nicely with the projector.

0 Kudos