Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wolfspyder
Level 7

Roku 3500 not staying activated

My Roku 3500 was working perfect at my old place. Moved house and Roku stick does not want to stay activated. Evrytime I switch the tv off and on again I need to reactivate (link the stick) to my account. Anybody have an idea way this is happening?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Roku 3500 not staying activated

"Wolfspyder" wrote:
My Roku 3500 was working perfect at my old place. Moved house and Roku stick does not want to stay activated. Evrytime I switch the tv off and on again I need to reactivate (link the stick) to my account. Anybody have an idea way this is happening?

Simply moving should not have made a difference in regards to a Roku device linked to an account. Something else is going on.

Others may tell you that you have a really old Stick, and they'd be correct. It was released in 2014, and discontinued in early 2016. It's a really old device, and quite sluggish compared to the 2016 model, and certainly compared to today's Sticks. However, that doesn't mean you should simply replace the device. If it's gone bad, though, it might. And that's what we're going to try to find.

First, log in to your Roku account in a Web browser, scroll to the bottom of the My Account page, and unlink your device from your account. Then, perform a factory reset by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds. That is a full 30 seconds. Not less than 30 seconds. Don't care what the screen shows, wait a full 30 seconds. The 30 seconds bit is important, as my repeating it several times should convey.

Now, try setting up the device again.

If this doesn't solve it, I don't have any further ideas. Others might.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos