Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peach2
Level 7

Roku 2 not pairing

I have also been trying to get someone to help, not sure how to go about it but having no luck, my pairing is not working no matter what I try, I have 2 set up, one in bedroom and one in living room, they are both Roku2, have had for several years, now the one in the bedroom is not pairing at all, it keep trying, but not connecting, I used to be able to chat here with customer service and get wonderful help, now I can't seem to get any.

Please help,

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku 2 not pairing

[post moved to appropriate board]

@Peach2 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding your devices not pairing? Are your remotes not pairing to the device? Are you having issues connecting to your wireless network?

For more help with your issue, please see our Tips for Creating a Help or Support Topic in the Community. Including important details in your issue report helps us better understand the specific issue you are reporting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Peach2
Level 7

the remote is not pairing with device, I can get into the Roku screen with the channels but the remote won't work, so when I try to pair them the screen comes up showing its trying to pair, but its like the Roku device can't find the remote, both remote light and device light are on, remote is blinking, I have tried unplugging and taking batteries out of remote, when I put everything back together, it still doesn't find each other, I have pushed the pairing button on remote, after awhile ( a couple of minutes ) of the units trying to find each other they just stop trying and turn off.

0 Kudos
Peach2
Level 7

Also I tried finding a solution by using the search engine here but did not find anything

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the update and clarification.

I would recommend trying the steps provided  to set up your remote on our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos