Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emeraldcrow
Level 7

Roku 2 box not giving me code on tv to activate on my account online?

It brand new out of the box, is is older and bought in 2014.... Everything for set up works, other then my tv giving the code to activate it for my account online. I just starts back at connecting to wifi and updating the system again. How do I activate it to work?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku 2 box not giving me code on tv to activate on my account online?

Depending on which model Roku 2 you have (there are 5 different model numbers that use a 2 in their name), your player may no longer be supported. Unfortunately, even it's it's "brand new", it still between 6-10 years old. If the setup is looping through without reaching the activation portion, it's possible that it simply won't work. Again, depending on your specific model, it might just be dead in the water. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.