Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 Requires Setup Every Time it Starts

I have a Roku 2 (model 4210X) running the latest software version (9.3.0). 

Every time the device is powered on or restarts, I see the "Welcome" screen and must complete the linking and setup process all over again (including pairing to a wifi network, adjusting display settings, entering the code on roku.com/link, etc.). Each time, I fully and successfully complete the setup process and am able to use the Roku normally - until the next time I want to use the Roku. Then I have to go through the setup process again. 

Any suggestions? I've confirmed there are no software updates available, and I've also tried restarting the device and unplugging/plugging back in.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku 2 Requires Setup Every Time it Starts

Sounds like a dying Roku.  If you're unplugging the power after each use, don't do that; just leave it plugged in.  Try a full-on factory reset.  With the device powered up, find the little pinhole and use a paperclip to press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds ignoring anything happening on-screen.

0 Kudos