Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Returned an activated roku to store is account still on the roku

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku Premiere brought it home and activated.  But after using it we were unhappy with it because it did not have Volume or On/Off Controls. I returned it to the store and bought a Roku Premiere + and am happy with it. My question is what happens when someone buys my returned Roku and plugs it in. Will it have my information on it that other people can use. Will it start up as soon as they plug it in? Can they buy apps on my account? Should I contact Roku? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Returned an activated roku to store is account still on the roku

Jump to solution

Go into your Roku.com account and unlink the previous device from your account.  This will force a reset when it is next connected to the internet.

Always factory reset devices before you return or sell them.  I bought a used Roku TV once that had another lady's account on it.  I poked around but then reset the device.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Go into your Roku.com account and unlink the previous device from your account.  This will force a reset when it is next connected to the internet.

Always factory reset devices before you return or sell them.  I bought a used Roku TV once that had another lady's account on it.  I poked around but then reset the device.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for your help. All done.......

0 Kudos