Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Budrow
Level 7

[Resolved] - How to reset Roku

I have Roku Express + that I don't use anymore. I have a Roku TV that I use now. I want to give the Express + to a friend. If I reset the Express + plus, will that change anything on my Roku TV?         I used the same account on my TV as the Express+.  I quess my question is does reset just the device you are resetting?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
NightHawk
Level 7

Re: Roku reset

Just do a factory reset that will clear out all account info from just that device and make it like it was when it was new, ready for a new account to be setup on it.
Roku Ultra 4640R, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Roku reset

"Budrow" wrote:
I have Roku Express + that I don't use anymore. I have a Roku TV that I use now. I want to give the Express + to a friend. If I reset the Express + plus, will that change anything on my Roku TV?         I used the same account on my TV as the Express+.  I quess my question is does reset just the device you are resetting?  Thanks.

In addition to what was stated, after the factory reset, you'll probably want to log on to your Roku account via the Web and ensure the device does not appear under your list of linked devices.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos