Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LS10

Resetting Pin - not allowing me to click to set it!

I'm trying to reset my pin, when I'm at the screen and put my new 4 digit pin in, the area to click to be able to reset it stays grey, as if it's not recognizing that there's 4 numbers in it...anyone have this issue??? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Resetting Pin - not allowing me to click to set it!

Someone else had the same issue recently, but I don't recall them responding back to say if it was resolved.  I just tried it and it works for me.  All I can suggest is that if you're trying it on a phone, try it on a computer or try the desktop version of the site on your phone.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@LS10 wrote:

I'm trying to reset my pin, when I'm at the screen and put my new 4 digit pin in, the area to click to be able to reset it stays grey, as if it's not recognizing that there's 4 numbers in it...anyone have this issue??? 

Often times that's the browser not activating the button. Whether that's because of a poorly coded Web site or a browser that's suffering from memory leaks, I have no idea.

The usual steps when any Web page and browser experience this (it happens more than you may realize) is:

1. Log out of the Website.
  2. Clear all cookies for the Website (containing "roku" in this instance).
  3. Close the browser.
  4. Shut down (not restart) the computer.
  5. Let the computer sit for 30+ seconds.
  6. Boot up the computer.
  7. Launch browser and log in to Roku.
  8. Try the form again.

If that works, let us know. If that does not work, let us know. If you are unable to perform any of the steps, let us know.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @LS10, we see that you're having problems with your Roku PIN. We're happy and able to help out with this issue. To start, please take a look at the tips left by @renojim and @DBDukes. What they wrote out is a great place to start trying to fix this. Just in case you have tried those steps and are still experiencing issues, we'll be reaching out through direct message. Please be sure to check your inbox here on The Roku Community. If you are unable to find our message, let us know.