Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Replacing TV subscription/moving to Roku questions

Hello,

I plan to drop the Comcast tv subscription and keep the high speed internet subscription. Replacing the tv subscription with Roku.

What I Have

Comcast starter double play, high speed internet and tv, subscription. Ping-11, Download-170, Upload-12.

Vizio M702i-B3 tv

Vizio sound bar connect to tv via optical cable.

Netgear AC1900 wifi cable modem router, model C7000

Questions

1. Many of the Roku offerings say- Free with your tv subscription, just sign in with your tv provider username and password. Will this work with only my Comcast internet subscription?

2. The Fox Sports Go channel indicates to sign up with tv provider credentials and that the channels must be on your tv provider's channel line up in order to watch. I will have only Comcast internet. Will this work?

3. The Roku channel line up indicates that my local ABC affiliate, WTXL, is offered live for free. Is this WTXL's 24/7 content?

4. The Roku channel lineup indicates that my local CBS affiliate, WCTV local news is free. Will that include everything carried 24/7 by the affiliate or just the 6pm news broadcast?

5. Is the NBC Sports channel app free or pay. Does it include the Golf Channel?

6. Will my Vizio sound bar work with the Roku Ultra player?

7. Does the Roku sound bar contain a Roku player? If yes, what is the range and speed compared to the Ultra player.

Thanks in advance to those answering these questions.

0 Kudos