Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LeszekD
Level 7

Register Roku Express in Poland

Jump to solution
Hello, I would like to buy Roku Express for my parents, but they are living in Poland. Just for Netflix and Youtube.
Could I register Roku and create account as normal like here in UK? Or Roku can be register only in some regions?
Thank you for help Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Register Roku Express in Poland

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. We don't officially sell Roku devices in that region currently, however, Netflix and YouTube channels tend to work just about anywhere.

As @atc98092 mentioned though, the availability of service depends on the limitations set forth by each channel provider. You'd want to contact any specific channel provider directly to inquire as to whether they offer access to their channel/service on the Roku platform in your area. 

Let us know if you have any other questions we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

Will the Roku work in Poland? Yes. Will Netflix and YouTube work there on a Roku? Most likely, yes. Channel providers such as Netflix only offer their service in specific areas, and even then they don't always support their service on all devices. Netflix may work on a computer but not on a Roku or Fire TV, etc.

Even with the Roku being registered to a UK email address, the IP address assigned to the Roku will identify itself as located in Poland. If that country is not allowed to use a Roku to access Netflix, then it won't work. YouTube will be the same, although I don't know if they have geographical restrictions on access. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. We don't officially sell Roku devices in that region currently, however, Netflix and YouTube channels tend to work just about anywhere.

As @atc98092 mentioned though, the availability of service depends on the limitations set forth by each channel provider. You'd want to contact any specific channel provider directly to inquire as to whether they offer access to their channel/service on the Roku platform in your area. 

Let us know if you have any other questions we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos