Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megmaea
Level 7

Re: Roku express activation

It won’t let me go to display setting bc it wants to update and the days it will automatically restart and it never does. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Megmaea

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are you seeing on screen?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Btking1223
Level 7

I am having the same problem. It just goes to a blank purple screen and then restarts with the word ROKU and makes a little noise like it’s loading. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Btking1223

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to activate your Roku device? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?
Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos