Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beduke

ROKU not sending Activation E-mails

I have purchased two Streaming Stick +, I was able to get one of the sticks activated to my account. The other I couldn't get activated because I never get Activation E-mail sent to my e-mail server.

I can see my ISP e-mail server traffic down to every e-mail received, spam included.

Apparently ROKU is not sending the e-mails out from its e-mail server. This is after multiple attempts of checking SPAM folder (do you think we are dumb), factory resets etc.

I sent the streaming stick back to Amazon, ordered another Streaming Stick+. I tried to setup this THIRD stick and still will not get an activating e-mail, tried a different e-mail address and got an activation e-mail to the other un-associated address, but this requires setting up a separate account, I don't want to have another account. The third stick will activate but not to the e-mail associated to my account.

I How can I just add this activated stick to my account using the serial number?

Serial Number YHOO5P392097

27 REPLIES 27
RG1055

Re: ROKU not sending Activation E-mails

I'm having the same problem. I purchased a Streaming 4K Stick from Amazon which I'm attempting to setup, but I'm stuck at getting the activation link from Roku also. I have an account with Roku and all my information there is correct. What's going on Roku?!

beduke

Additionally, ROKU is not accepting Customer Support requests.

"There was an error submitting your request. Please try again."

0 Kudos
Wyman2
Reel Rookie

not sending Activation E-mails

I have also been waiting for a activation link. Hours are passing, children are frustrated, I’m at my wits end. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: not sending Activation E-mails

If any of you are using gmail, try searching for the email.  I've seen a few posts where a gmail user said the activation email didn't appear in their inbox or their spam folder, but when they searched for it, it was there. 

0 Kudos
Wyman2
Reel Rookie

Help please. I completed all paperwork registration. Please call me. Tish Wyman

0 Kudos
mark44001
Reel Rookie

Same Problem as others. It will send activation to another account but I am forced to open another Roku account.. Don't need or want 2 accounts. How can I activate on original account ? By the way, went through remedies on Roku chat. Gave them my email address and said they would be in touch. Haven't heard from them in 3 days! Have 3 rokus and am updating to the Streaming Stick 4k w/Dolby Vision.

Model 3820x

sn:S090418VTG2M

0 Kudos
fgs
Reel Rookie

I have an idential problem. cannot get my code to activate. Screen just stays the same. How can you force the code to be forwarded

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mark44001,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team regarding your activation issue. Rest assured that I’ve followed up on your support request. We sincerely appreciate your patience, keep an eye on your email, a member of our support team will be in contact.

Best regards,
Mary

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @fgs,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information on how to solve activation issues:

How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues with your activating your device after following the steps provided from the link, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos