Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MARMAR1

ROKU express Walmart edition wont activate have tried to reset and factory reset just hops & blinks

2m agoSetting up Roku express LE  edition

I have gone through all steps to activate roku on tv then set up an account online. The roku logo just hops up and down then screen blinks and for a split second you can see a background of different channels like a menu then Right back into Roku hopping and the cycle starts over.  havr hit reset  and re entered email and i get another activation email repeat online set up the starts all over.  I have performed factory reset with remote on email entry screen  still no luck   I have unplugged and reset  no luck  i have depressed reset for 3o seconds  no luck   PLEASE!!! any advice before I return and try a different product  VERY disappointed that ROKU  doesn't have tech support  for these products>  This doesn't seem like it should be more than a 10 minute set up  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: ROKU express Walmart edition wont activate have tried to reset and factory reset just hops &amp

I am having the same problem my I got mine yesterday from the black Friday sales

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU express Walmart edition wont activate have tried to reset and factory reset just hops &amp

@Hannah029q7wy46  and  @MARMAR1 

The Roku Express (and this Limited Edition LE), are 2.4 ghz only devices.  You will need to verify that your router/network is configured properly.  These devices cannot see or connect to the 5ghz band of your network.

2.4 ghz Settings...

- Radio On/Enabled

- SSID (network name) Broadcasting/On

- Mode/Protocol set to b/g/n

- Bandwidth/ Channel Width set to 20mhz

- Wireless Channel set to 1-11, not Auto (preferably 1, 6, 11)

You can also try connecting/setting up your Roke Express using a mobile hotspot (if available to you) using the 2.4 ghz band.  If connects successfully and completes setup, then confirms device is working and you will need to adjust your 2.4ghz router settings to use from your network.

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.  Include router model and ISP if need help with making settings changes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
lsalero
Reel Rookie

this makes no sense, how do you do all of what you said? I too have the walmart black friday one and can not get it set up

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@lsalero 

If you can provide your router model number and ISP (internet service provider), I can perhaps post some instructions.  Normally these changes mentioned above are made by logging into your router using a laptop.  Alternatively, you can call your ISP and have then make the above changes for you on their end. (however, unless you are specific with the instructions, they may not do it properly.)

Feel free to post back with the above info and we will see if we can get you streaming.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos