Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjbarry
Level 7

ROKU ULTRA and AV Receiver

I'm getting a Roku Ultra and want to hook it to my AV Receiver that's in a different room than the TV.  Any advice as to how and does the remote have to have line of sight to work?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jdmac29
Level 7

Re: ROKU ULTRA and AV Receiver

Well the ultra remote is Wifi for the ultra itself but as long as it is not over a long distance or a lot of walls it should work. The volume on the receiver that is the question mark? I don’t know if the receiver IR controlled by line of sight or if HDMI Cec Control’s the volume. Might want to reach out to support 

0 Kudos
mjbarry
Level 7

Re: ROKU ULTRA and AV Receiver

It's not far just in the next room  Currently I use a MX 780 Universal Remote to control the Tv and the accessories in the other room.  The remote also controls the AV Receiver and volume since I have four theater speakers. 

I think from what you said I'll be able to control the Roku Ultra with e RoKuu remote, now its a question if the Roku remote will be able to control the volume to the theater speakers driven by the AV Receiver?

0 Kudos