Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU 3 suddenly stopped working

I have a ROKU 3 that I bought in 2016. It has worked great until yesterday. When I turn it on, the dancing ROKU comes up with the music, but it stays there. never goes ahead to regular screen with channels.

No burnout, no overheating. No change in the setup. I have a Sony Bravia with speakers. I tried to reboot by unplugging it. 3 Times. no help. I tried pushing the reset button on the back. No help. My internet is working fine. HELP! any ideas??

Dane

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU 3 suddenly stopped working

@Bombagibi 

Thanks for the note.

Do you have a SD card plugged into your device? If so we would recommend removing the SD card and restarting your device to see if it starts up normally, then resinserting the SD card.

If you do not have a SD card in your device, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device. For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos