Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Quasar CRT and Roku streaming stick +

Jump to solution

I have a 20 y/o Quasar SP2725. It worked fine with my DirecTV receiver.

Building cancelled the satellite contract, I just bought a HDMI converter with composite ports, to connect a Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series) and watch TV again

Got it all hooked together, problem now is that the picture is constantly scrolling down. Screen says "Pair your remote," but the picture looks like when you needed to adjust the tracking on your VCR.

How do I fix this? The Roku Express+ (3910 series) with composite ports looks like it's been discontinued, and that's the only reason why I bought the 3810R, and the HDMI converter

HELP!

pronouns: she/her
Hello from Chicago, IL…on the land belonging to the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Peoria; Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi), Miami; and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) indigenous peoples.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Quasar CRT and Roku streaming stick +

Jump to solution
Guess on my part, but I'd suspect the problem is with the HDMI converter. Can you try the Roku stick on a friend's tv with an HDMI input to verify it works?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution
Guess on my part, but I'd suspect the problem is with the HDMI converter. Can you try the Roku stick on a friend's tv with an HDMI input to verify it works?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

^^^What he said.  Plus, some of those converters have a switch to select PAL or NTSC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I checked the stick on a friend's TV and it definitely works. Thanks! Off to buy another HDMI converter.

Hello from Chicago, IL…on the land belonging to the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Peoria; Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi), Miami; and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) indigenous peoples.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It does have a PAL NTSC switch but it arrived with the switch broken off. I tried to make sure it was in the NTSC position but it must not have moved over. I'll have to buy another one.

0 Kudos