Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Putting Roku through security at the airport

Hello, I have Roku Express and i want to bring it with me to Florida for vacation. What I want to know is that when I go to the airport how do I send it through security? Will they accept it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Putting Roku through security at the airport

I've gone through security many times with a Roku in my carry-on and I've never had a problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

So it is ok to have it in your backpack? As it goes through security? I think that the only devices that we are supposed to have out is any device that is bigger than a phone. The Roku Express is smaller than a cell phone. So I should just leave it in my carry on backpack?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Like I said, I've done it many times with my Roku 3 which is much larger than an Express and I've even had multiple Roku models in my bag at the same time.  I've carried things that are much more suspicious looking than a Roku and they've never questioned them.  The worst that will happen is they do a hand search of your bag, but they would never confiscate a Roku.  By the way, 9 Volt batteries will get your stuff taken off the belt.  They did confiscate my tiny Swiss army knife that I've had for 30 years.  Jerks!

0 Kudos