Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helen3

Problems with Netflix Hulu and Disney plus

Some days my Hulu, Netflix, and Disney plus will work. But other days they won't work. When they don't work, the show/movie will play for about 10 seconds and then it will freeze off and on for another 10 seconds while the sound is working then not working. Then it will boot me out of the app. And if I go back into the app, it will do the same thing. Does anyone else have/had this problem. If yes, how did you fix the problem ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problems with Netflix Hulu and Disney plus

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

The USB ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. Even if a Roku connected this way appears to start up normally, when it runs into an activity that requires more power than the USB port can deliver, something will fail, commonly taking you back to the home screen.

If you don't have the Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos