Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul4226
Level 7

Problems setting up new streaming stick +

Hello, I just received my new Streaming Stick+ and cannot get this thing going. I currently own and have set up 4 other Roku devices seamlessly (none of these are the Streaming Stick +) however this new one is the opposite. I have gotten past the bouncing ROKU screen, entered the language, have gotten the Wifi going (after multiple attempts saying I had the wrong PW). After it says I have a good connection and accepts my password the screen then goes blank. I’ve checked and doubled my connections, have Roku plugged into a wall. I have performed a factory reset by holding the button down for over 30 seconds multiple times. It just seems that I cannot get past this.

I’ve even had a different ROKU device on this same TV with no issues.

Frustrated and can use your help!

Paul

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Problems setting up new streaming stick +

@Paul4226 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Paul4226
Level 7

Re: Problems setting up new streaming stick +

Danny, thanks for the quick reply. I'm embarrassed to say that the issue was my wifi. I hadn't been home for quite some time and was excited to be hooking up the new Roku. I discovered later in the evening that my wifi was spotty at best and needed to be reset. I've got the streaming Stick up and running now.

Thanks!

Paul

0 Kudos