Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROK_User
Level 7

Problem setting up ROKU Express

I have an old TV and I am using an RF Modulator to connect to ROKU Express. When I connect and confirm it's on the correct channel, power everything up, nothing happens. Looking for answers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Problem setting up ROKU Express

Can you confirm the model of Roku Express? There's four different versions with Express in the name. And can you provide the make and model of the RF modulator? Need to see its specs. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
ROK_User
Level 7

ROKU Express Model 3900X
RF Modulator ZTE ZXVAS DM600
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"ROK User" wrote:
ROKU Express Model 3900X

I can't even find anything other than mobile phone related products that ZTE makes.. are you sure it's a ZTE branded device? If so, has it been verified to work with any other devices?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"ROK User" wrote:
I have an old TV and I am using an RF Modulator to connect to ROKU Express. When I connect and confirm it's on the correct channel, power everything up, nothing happens. Looking for answers.

If the old TV has composite input available, and if the Roku Express (3900) is new, return the Express and get an Express+ ($35 at Walmart). It's what it's designed for.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ROK_User
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
"ROK User" wrote:
ROKU Express Model 3900X

I can't even find anything other than mobile phone related products that ZTE makes.. are you sure it's a ZTE branded device? If so, has it been verified to work with any other devices?

Yes. We have used it with cable and Direct TV. It's definitely ZTE.
0 Kudos