Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kc12
Level 7

Premiere will not complete setup mode

Has anyone been able to setup a faulty Roku Premiere? I have tried everything. Factory reset multiple times. Tried wireless connection and used a Hotspot. Nothing. My account says the roku is connected, but the activation will not finish. Now I am getting the "we can't recognize your email" message. Are these all just faulty?

4 Replies
WhatBunchaDopes
Level 8

Re: Premiere will not complete setup mode

@Kc12 wrote:

Has anyone been able to setup a faulty Roku Premiere? I have tried everything. Factory reset multiple times. Tried wireless connection and used a Hotspot. Nothing. My account says the roku is connected, but the activation will not finish. Now I am getting the "we can't recognize your email" message. Are these all just faulty?

Great question. Mine updated the firmware automatically the first time.  They may have borked the firmware? 

Chopper2850
Level 7

No, same problem here and no support  from  Roku!!!! Need to get their **bleep** together. 

Bear4472
Level 7

I am having the same issue, keeps asking to get a new code.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

I ran into the same thing. There was a problem at Roku's end with the activation system last evening (15 April, 2021).  It was fixed after an hour or so.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos