Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Plugged in right but no screen

Just bought a roku SEvst Walmart and it’s not working tried everything twice watched the videos and nothing! Help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 12

Re: Plugged in right but no screen

I probably couldn’t tell you anymore than you have already done except to make sure the TV is on the right input.  (I've run into lots of people who don't know how to select inputs on their TVs.)  Maybe try a different HDMI cable if you have one. Make sure the USB brick isn't plugged into a power strip that is turned off… 

It's possible, that you're one of those 1 in [some large number] of people who got one that was defective out of the box.  In that case the answer is exchange it because your chance of getting 2 defective units is miniscule.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Plugged in right but no screen

@Lsalem23 

Thanks for the post.

To add onto what @Strega mentioned, please make sure you are plugging the Roku device into a wall outlet rather than powering the device through the TV USB port.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos