Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larry3534
Level 7

Please enter the link code displayed on your TV

I am trying to setup  Roku on my computer, I have an account but.when I try to add a device (my computer) is wants the link code displayed on my TV. don't have a TV because I am the middle of a move. Any help  would be appreciated.

28 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Please enter the link code displayed on your TV

You can't add a computer; you can only add a Roku device to your account.  What are you trying to do?

a158701
Level 7

Where on the TV do you find the link code display

Strega
Level 14

When you initially set up your Roku (or after a factory reset), it will give you a link code and then wait for you to enter it on the website.

renojim
Level 21

The only time any Roku device displays a link code is when you first set it up or you perform a factory reset and even then it may use email activation without ever displaying a link code.

What are you trying to do?

0 Kudos
jimmywright
Level 7

ppgp

atc98092
Level 21

Looking back on the original post, I think the OP is confused about using The Roku Channel on a computer compared to an actual Roku device. There is no need to "link" a computer to your account to use TRC on a computer or the app that can be installed on Samsung TVs. If you access TRC through the Roku web site while you're logged in, there's nothing else to do. I've never used TRC on a Samsung TV, so I don't know if there's a way to access your Roku account or if it's just a generic access site. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
norman2
Level 7

VQPX

0 Kudos
norman2
Level 7

Re: Please enter the link code displayed on your TVVQPX

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21